Friday, September 11, 2009

It's been one of those days.



It wasn't baaaaad, per say, just non-stop, until now. I am done, pooped, drained....

After I dropped the girls off at school, I went to the gym where I worked out for about 35 minutes then sat in the sauna, my reward for the workout part. Just to lay in the heat, close my eyes and pretend I am laying at the beach, totally relaxing. I should download some beach sounds to the ipod to make it totally engulfing! I made what seems to be my daily stop at the commissary, for a couple things. And homeward bound I came, with a ferocious appetite in tow. When I got home I toasted (and burnt, but had to eat) a huge whole wheat bagel and added some pineapple cream cheese to the top. After breakfast, I cleaned the kitchen then showered and finally sat down to do some homework I have been procrastinating on.

I have 2 big assignments due Sunday. I had not one done. Well I knocked one out, kinda. The assignment (or so I thought) was a lesson plan incorporating art into a social studies lesson plan. ok, easy enough. I knocked it out in about 1.5 hours. I went to submit it online, and noticed I was supposed to do a drama infused lesson plan. ugh. Back to the drawing board. I kind of used what I had and tweaked it for drama, so it only took about 30min.

After that was done, I needed to get a birthday present for the girls to bring to a birthday party tomorrow, so back to post I went. The PX had nothing (for the girl) BUT they had some cute workout clothes on clearance. Who can pass up adidas shorts for less that 10$!! I got 2 pair :) I got Em some new balance tennis shoes for 15$ and some shorts for Kendall to play volleyball in. Not a bad trip, but not what I went for! So I went to Hallmark for a webkinz, score. Plus a little gift for Ryan who gets promoted on Monday. After that time to pick up the girls.
When we get home, I fold a quick load of towels, then start dinner.


(mmmm, all assembled and ready to cook!)

I am making a chicken spaghetti casserole for The Pioneer Women, I love her site! Here is the link for the casserole, in case you wanna make it! I made a few changes. Instead of pimentos, I used red bell pepper. I can not do cream of mushroom- it reminds of a recipe my Mom makes, she knows the one before I even say it. I am shivering thinking of it. I LOVED everything my Mom made, everything but Yucky Chicken. I don't know the technical name, but that is what my family calls it. It is one of those meals where I gagged and threw up over, but still had to eat it. My brother fell asleep at the table, bc we had to finish it before we could be excused. He thought he was slick, but when he woke up, he still had to finish it, now he had to eat COLD yucky chicken. That's olde school parenting there. This dish had 3 ingredients (correct me if I am wrong Mom). It was like chicken thighs wrapped in dried beef and smothered in cream of mushroom, then baked. Why you couldn't you just add some cheese to the top??? I know what she will say, because cheese was expensive, it was a luxury. lol. Man my girls have it easy.


(you can't tell it here, but it is still bubbling it's so hot!)


OK, I am going to enjoy a few beers, before my busy day again tomorrow. TGIF, people.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

that looks fab! It's funny though, on Friday I looked up a queso dip recipe, and the Pioneer woman website came up and I loved it so much it is in my favorites! Funny how two minds think alike :)