Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My World....

..... is a tad bit crazy right now, and for the whole month of October. This week is especially busy.
  • Monday: end of online class, Kendall volleyball practice, night class (Lang Arts in the elem)
  • Tuesday: Kendall Dr. appt, first Tuesday night class (PE /Elem school)
  • Wednesday: Fingerprinting and paperwork for job @ school, Kendall volleyball practice, Girl Scouts
  • Thursay: start working :) First night of Math/elem school
  • Friday: entrance interview for teacher program 520pm
  • Saturday: Kendall vball game 9am, 10-5 Diversity class (in class one time, must complete 20hrs observation and journals, papers, ideas and reflections all due in Nov.)
So for the month of October, I will be working and going to school 3 nights a week. It is going to be hectic. It is only one month though, I CAN DO IIIIIIIT.

I have no pictures to post, as I have been spending the majority of my time on the Mac creating lesson plans galore. It is not to bad, except different classes, different teachers all like a different format for their lesson plan. So to adapt all my ideas that I scribbled down into an order they want, and look up specific names of ideas and implementing those. Time consuming and worrisome if it is even right. So far so good, I am holding my straight A status. I thought this online class would be the death of that, but I am pretty sure I pulled off an A in there, waiting for 2 more grades to post.

OK, enough school stuff. I really need some work clothes. I probably don't, but I love buying clothes, so I am just using it as an excuse. After K's Dr. appt I am going to Manhattan for at least a gray pair of pants and a white collared short sleeve shirt and some comfy black shoes. I bought this vest at the goodwill last week, nearly new Banana Republic pink cable knit vest. It is so pretty, so I to go with my $2 vest I need new gray pants, and a shirt. I have black shoes, but they aren't that comfy to spend all day on.

My exercise has been pretty much nil. Every morning I have been waiting for a phone call from the school to go get my fingerprints done, that call never came. I didn't know if I had the job or not. Well I knew the principle really wanted me. I know one of my references said "Congrats... she pretty much said you had the job." I know Em's teacher said so are you taking the job?" I said when it's offered.... But I hadn't got a call saying, You have the job. I got tired of waiting and stressing and eating and being depressed. (It's crazy how fast you can get depressed over something you didn't even know you wanted!) I called her yesterday. She was surprised I hadn't heard form the district, it turns out some lady is on vacation and comes back today, so I should be getting the call to come in tomorrow to fingerprint and my principal said I can start working right after that. So, glad thats clarified. Now maybe I can start getting back to normal. I am scared to weigh because of all the eating I did. I did do some exercising, I walked 5 miles with a friend this weekend. The girls and I went for a couple walks. I even made it to the gym once last week. I have definitely ate more than I exercised. Today is looking up though!

Hope you all have a great day!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

well I just want to say congrats on the job..you are awesome Christina! Remember, it is only ONE month of the hectic schedule! Also, I always like to think ahead, and if you do that, you have less than 3 months until your first vacation WOOHOO (Christmas break) lol. Have a great day!